Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Stihl Ballcap, Rainbow Suspenders and a shotgun


A few years back near election time my editor received a letter from a readers saying he was sick and tired of the present administration and was tossing in his hat as a candidate for presidency. After calling the man, Pat told me to get my camera and come with him. On the way he explained that a reader in his 80’s was about to declare his announcement to run for the Presidency and he sounded pretty much crazy.  Pulling up in front of a rustic wooden cabin he met us dressed in his Stihl chainsaw hat, rainbow colored suspenders and flannel shirt.
I thought to myself, this is going to make one hell of a great environmental portrait. After the interview, he put on his hat and asked if we could take it outside his cabin with his shotgun. I smiled, replied why yes and thought, a chainsaw hat, suspenders, and a shotgun, it doesn’t get any better than this.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a Remington 870 which is like the everyman shotgun which also adds something to the image if you know anything about guns.

    Whatever the case - pretty classic.

    ReplyDelete