Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Trusting your gut feeling


It's all about getting in the right shooting position in order to capture good action. Normally, when I cover a baseball game I start out in either the inside or outside home photos wells to shoot the starting pitchers. But during the last Rangers vs. mariners game I trusted my gut feeling and opted to hang out in the first base line photo well to get pictures of the infielders and outfielders in action and significant plays at first and second bases as well as outfield action. After capturing a few pictures at that location, I moved to the inside home photo well on the other side of the Mariners dugout where I captured another play at home plate as well as the safe at second. A few innings there, I moved over to the outside home photo well to make a pictures of Texas Ranger's pitcher Tommy Hunter pitching, safe at third, a different view of a play at home,  Tommy Hunter wiping the sweat from his forehead before being relieved in the seventh inning and lastly, the Mariners closer David Aardsma hugging catcher Guillermo Quiroz after preserving a 2-1 win over the Rangers. Sometimes it's just 95% being in the right location and 5% dumb luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment